Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh, and this comment as well:

I made this comment on April 17, 2009 on CEC’s blog post titled: "Who Cares if Johnny Can't Read?"


I agree with what Andrew said. There seems to be a common theme in this course that people are just looking for convenience through technology. Our lives are becoming very fast paced. And as we have found out from previous readings it is changing our society and the way we do things.

 

It was surprising to me that Americans are in fact reading more now than they did fifty years ago. But I am sure people always wanted convenience so I am sure back then they were just watching TV. Online reading is easy and very beneficial in my opinion. So, I would have to disagree with MacFarquhar and say that any kind of reading is constructive.

No comments: