Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Comment

I posted a comment on Kee's blog called "Facebook Addiction" today:

I have noticed that the number of adults on my friend list on Facebook is going up, and I agree with "iheartquestionmark", it is mostly because even though I find it odd to be accepting friend requests from old teachers and friends of my parents, I would feel bad not to. 

My best friend's mom recently got a Facebook and she also texts constantly. I notice my friend texting her mom frequently even in college. I always found this to be weird because my parents do not even know how to work the text messaging feature on their phones, much less do they even know what Facebook is (to my knowledge). However, I have also noticed much more connected my friend and her mom are. They are always sending each other jokes and telling each other about their day, but I on the other hand, find it difficult to even set aside the time it takes to call my family on the phone and have a decent conversation.

I think this would be an interesting topic to write about, because I know that I personally value my constant contact with my closest friends, but I always wonder if many others share the same kind of contact with their parents as my friend does.

No comments: