Sunday, October 19, 2008

Comment

I attempted to post a comment on Paris Hilton's "Taking Attendance? Back to High School" back when we were doing that trial run for posting comments in class, but it didn't work so I emailed the comment to myself:

 From:  Sloan, Rochelle Catherine Sent:  Fri 9/5/2008 10:43 AM
 To:  Sloan, Rochelle Catherine
 Cc:  
 Subject:  Blog Comment
 Attachments: 
View As Web Page

A friend of mine that attends UNT told me on his first day that he had a class with 315 people in it and that they do not take attendance and I was shocked because the largest class I am in contains around 30 people and the teacher calls my name out everyday. So I agree, it is ridiculous that SMU actually checks daily to see if you're in class.

And the truth is that it should not matter whether or not we attend class or not to the professors because we are paying thousands of dollars for our education, so the choice of how we plan to utilize our very expensive education should be up to us.


And then reposted it today! I hate technology sometimes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate technology, especially Blackboard. Anyway, I'll just add to this comment that I would bet a lot of parents would be surprised about where their money is going, with respect to class attendance. I mean, they pay a lot, but I think some of the students take that money for granted.